Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February!

So needless to say I have been bad at this lately!! Please be the wonderful people you are and forgive me! It is not that I haven't been thinking of you just that I never seem to get to this site and update you on the wonderful news at FBC! As always there are lots of good things going on. We are in the process of starting to plan for the Africa Mission Trip this summer. If you any of you are interested let me know i will gladly get you information. I also have started a monthly newsletter and if you are not receiving that and would like to let me know as well and I will get you on my email list. In other mission related news some of our Puerto Rico friends are going to join us over Easter Weekend. They are always a blessing to us when they come to visit and I look forward to seeing them. Hopefully you will all be around over Easter weekend and can visit with them as well. Also relating in mission news we are promoting the sponsorship of Sheltering Wings children in Burkina Faso Africa. To sponsor a child it is $35 a month and covers all of their schooling, meals, clothes, and basic needs. I can remember in college God calling me to sponsor a child and I thought "God how in the world am I going to sponsor a child when I can barely pay my rent" and then God reveiled to me that feeding children was more important then the $30 dollar cable bill I had each month. So I shut my cable off and began sponsoring a child. Needless to say from that moment on I never had any trouble making my rent! Not that my heart was after God's blessing, but I could feel his hand on me after making that change. I would challenge you all to consider sponsoring a child or consider doing something sacrificial as we approach Easter for someone else.

I hope everyone is well and staying warm despite the crazy amount of snow! I look forward to posting to you again soon (I promise !!) and hopefully hearing back from you as well!

Also keep your eyes open from some posting from Rick Herndon and some study materials!

Love and Blessings to all (a little mushy for the Valentine season!) - Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    Thank you so much for taking time out of your crazy busy day full of being a mom of two wonderful children to help up stay connected! I truly appreciate it!! You rock!! LY
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete