Thursday, December 30, 2010

Overdue.....

Hey everyone - Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Life gets a way from me sometimes. With traveling for the holidays I feel a little out of the loop of what is going on at FBC myself. But I can tell you that it has been a great season to be reminded of the wonderful gift of our saviour! The candle light service on Christmas Eve was wonderful and such a great reminder for me personally before we tore into presents the next day. I hope that during this Christmas season you were able to be reminded "the reason for the season" I always love to hear about other's holiday traditions and would LOVE some comments about yours! We open 1 present on Christmas eve (pj's) and always do stockings, Santa present, breakfast, and then take a long time with our other presents! And we always sing Happy birthday to Jesus! How about you??

In the news at FBC we have a lot going on as we roll into the new year, but we also want to concentrate on "being" with God in this new year. We have had a spiritual renewal meeting at FBC to just chat. What would spiritual renewal meant to you??? Always good to be challenged and to think about how you can grow your roots deeper!

The exciting things going on at FBC right now would include: New women's Sunday night class, men's fraternity, SOAR events, Team Kids, Hispanic ministry, Youth ministry, and much more!

The most recent thing that I am excited about is the approval to turn a Sunday School classroom into a Mission Resource Room! It will house maps, documents, training dvd's and more! It will be a great place to learn about FBC mission work and meet for mission related things! Hope you will come check it out soon!

With that being said I'm going to sign out for now! I will post again soon ... I PROMISE! With more detailed info. I hope to see you all at somepoint why you are home and hope you are enjoying a break and some good family/friend time!!!

Love and Prayers - Dawn Prather

No comments:

Post a Comment